There are many great online stores that offer great alpaca products throughout the web. Here are some of the best, and they’ve written fantastic instructions on how to properly clean your alpaca garments.
- Use cold water and a mild detergent.
- They offer a special detergent formulated for materials such as Alpaca: Eucalan Soap
- They make a very important comment about the structure of the Alpaca fiber and how it behaves when cleaning.
- All of the sites say: DO NOT USE WOOLITE!
You can apply the expertise in the above articles to how you should wash our hats. But remember to follow the instruction sewn inside of your hat!
- HAND WASH ONLY!
- Use cold water
- Gently handle it.
- And dry it flat.
- Here's a link to a wash basin in case you need one:
After you read their articles make sure to look at their products. Each site offers beautiful clothes and supplies. You’ll be glad you did.